Saturday, July 21, 2012

Random Travel Thoughts from Chetwynd

Random Travel Thoughts

It’s hot.  I hate hot.  I was practicing being hot, but it hasn’t paid off. 

Tepid water tastes as good as cold water when you’re thirsty.

I don’t remember much of anything from either of my two trips over this highway.  Twenty and thirty + years make a lot of difference.

The trip down was all about the trip.  The trip home is all about getting home.  The miles matter!

Thank goodness for campgrounds with electricity and showers.  My hot practice is not working and I’m sticky.

The pod was a good idea.

I love the Canadian no-name grocery store. The generic food comes in yellow packages and tastes as good as name-brand food, but it’s a lot cheaper.

69315 Chris Court, Anchor Point, AK is the best place on the planet.

Canadians have large RVs.  Canadians also seem to have less need for guard rails than Americans.  There were some pretty steep drop offs.

The view of Hell’s Gate on the Fraser River is no longer accessible unless you buy a $20 ticket and ride the tram.  Bummer.

Always buy gas before you need it.

The poodz are such good company and so patient.

Why do I travel in July? It’s hot in July.

1 comment:

  1. This was the one I had meant to say I loved reading :) Even though I did like looking at the pictures on the other~ I love your way with words, I always have!

    ReplyDelete